Job Title: Staff Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: 01/06/2021
Posting Expiry Date: 01/27/2021
Full Job Description: We are a Municipal Utility Authority (water and sewer) serving about 4,500 water and sewer customer accounts, as well as providing bulk service to adjoining municipalities. We seek to hire an Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper who will answer to the Chief Administrative Officer and the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and must be well-versed in accounting principles. Proficiency with accounting and bookkeeping software is essential; and, some familiarity with municipal accounting and bookkeeping practices will be favorably considered. The candidate is expected to have strong mathematical and number skills; must have strong attention to detail; and must be able to work both independently or as part of a group setting, as the circumstances may require.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Month-end close processing for A/P, G/L, Payroll
- Post and process JE’s
- Reconcile and track A/R and assist in cash posting
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts: accruals, fixed assets
- Payroll support
- Experience with Depreciation Schedules
- Support Audit process
- Assist with Budgets
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Payroll taxes, Quarterly reports and filing.
- Computer skills, including spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Strong Communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related professional field.
- 2-5 years’ experience with A/P, payroll, bookkeeping.
Salary: “Commensurate with experience.” The successful candidate will be an exempt, salaried employee with paid medical and hospitalization benefits; paid vacation; eligible to participate in the Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement System.